JY Will
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all,

no sooner has the 2014 brochure been completed than I turn my attention to the 2015 one!

When we did our research for the latest brochure two destinations that were mentioned a few times were Japan & South Korea.

So in the spirit of power to the people (that could be my motto!) - what would get your vote:

Japan - a tour that took in Tokyo, Mount Fuji, Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima

Japan & South Korea - a tour that spent 5 nights in each country

Neither

let me know what you think!

WIll

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Will- an interesting idea.

I don't know much about South Korea so based on that alone i would choose Japan however it is extremely expensive?

Mark

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Will

From me NEITHER ..... Sorry

Cindy

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Will

always fancied Japan, once saw a tour in the Travelsphere brochure years ago that included the bullet train from Tokyo to Osaka, something like that would be good

Dave

Julie White
(Member)
Just Japan please Will.

Can you please put my name down for it. I have always wanted to go to Japan.

Regards Julie

RosieMo
(Member)
HI,

I've been to Japan twice and I love it. Been to all the places that you are proposing, would also recommend Nara - close to Kyoto, stuffed with temples and FAR less busy. The island of Miyajima, close to Hiroshima, was also wonderful but a Japanese friend has told me that it was badly damaged in the tsunami and has not really recovered - such a pity.

I'd love to visit Korea - for sure it would not be a relaxing holiday but there is plenty of amazing culture there which I think tends to get overshadowed somewhat by Japan's obvious attractions.

So a vote for Korea (pretty please!)

RM.

katy1717
(Member)
Very interested in more Vietnam - especially the second holiday travelsphere do. But for me there is no interest in Japan or Korea - many more destinations higher up my wishlist.
Puer aeternus
(Member)
LOVE the sound of these holidays, can't you offer both?!!!

At a push, 5 days in each would be fantastic. :thumbup:

Iris C
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Will

Japan really interests me but so does South Korea. Perhaps Japan with the added option of South Korea so it doesn't have to be so expensive for those who just want to visit Japan but also satisfies those who want to visit both.I haven't received my new brochure yet and the suspense is killing me.

Kind regards

Iris

Angie S
(Member)
I've often wondered about South Korea which I know nothing of apart from their friends to the north and Gangnam Style !! :blush:

I would be interested in both - I like the unknown !

Angie

MARIE W
(Member)
Out of the two I would be interested in Japan. Thanks Will

Marie

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Will, I'd be interested in both Japan and S Korea, but would 5 days be enough to see the best of Japan? Would a 6/4 day split be better? Just a thought.

Cheers,

Bob

the_baron1
(Member)
Hi Will,

Did fancy Japan once before : BUT since then I really don't like crowds that much now and I expect South Korea will be similar.

SO for me :- NEITHER.

sorry

Eric

zztop27
(Member)
Japan for me please !!!!!

Pete .......................

nige0556
(Member)
I wouldn't go on this trip as I've got both countries "ticked off" anyway. Did Japan (with China) with TS about 5 years ago and went to Korea (Seoul and Mokpo) a few weeks back for the motor racing.

But I would have thought that the best split would be a 7 & 3 - one day doing the DMZ area, one day for Seoul and a day for the folk centre.

I've got a couple (of hundred!!) photos you know lol

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Will,

Fabulous idea - I would love to do both Japan and South Korea - price permitting.

Kezzer

Sheryl Jordan
(Member)
Five days in each would be my vote

Sheryl

Gordon13
(Member)
I would be really interested in the Japan trip

Gordon

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would be interested in both but agree with Kesser the price would be a factor.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Will

Just wondering if there is any progress to report on this fledgling tour? Given the comments about, I'd suggest a fairly comprehensive Japan tour, with South Korea as an add-on. I know Japan is an expensive destination, but the new TS Japan tour is at a fairly reasonable price, so hopefully you can strike a good deal for JY!!

Cheers,

Bob